If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website, the following additional terms apply to you:
- You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of Platform. This includes ensuring your application or use of Platform meets our Facebook Platform Policies and our Advertising Guidelines.
Your access to and use of data you receive from Facebook, will be limited as follows:
- You will only request data you need to operate your application.
- You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so, and will provide a mechanism for users to make such a request.
- You will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative.
- You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset, even if a user consents to that transfer or use.
- You will not sell user data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use user data within your application, but you cannot transfer user data outside of your application.
- We can require you to delete user data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with users’ expectations.
- We can limit your access to data.
- You will comply with all other restrictions contained in our Facebook Platform Policies.
- You will not give us information that you independently collect from a user or a user's content without that user's consent.
- You will make it easy for users to remove or disconnect from your application.
- You will make it easy for users to contact you. We can also share your email address with users and others claiming that you have infringed or otherwise violated their rights.
- You will provide customer support for your application.
- You will not show third party ads or web search boxes on Facebook.
- We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data, and tools you receive from us.
- You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
- You will not misrepresent your relationship with Facebook to others.
- You may use the logos we make available to developers or issue a press release or other public statement so long as you follow our Facebook Platform Policies.
- We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular you will (if applicable):
- have a policy for removing infringing content and terminating repeat infringers that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and obtain any opt-in consent necessary from users so that user data subject to the VPPA may be shared on Facebook. You represent that any disclosure to us will not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
- We do not guarantee that Platform will always be free.
- You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with Facebook, including the right to incorporate content and information you provide to us into streams, profiles, and user action stories.
- You give us the right to link to or frame your application, and place content, including ads, around your application.
- We can analyze your application, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as for targeting the delivery of advertisements and indexing content for search).
- To ensure your application is safe for users, we can audit it.
We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.
You feel a love of order and law--an appreciation for responsibilities and duty. Do not become overly confident in a work situation however. Slow down and proof the work you and your team produce. Problems are valued for the lessons they represent, rather than perceived as obstacles; because of this attitude, you will find fewer problems than most. You may be sought after for your advice and counsel regarding very personal and emotional issues.